Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Logo Title

Work Permit

In California, most minors under the age of 18 must have a permit to work.  After an employer agrees to hire a minor AND before the minor may begin working, the student must obtain a Statement of Intent to Employ Minor and Request for Work (commonly known as a Work Permit).  The form must be completed by the student and the employer and signed by the student's parent/guardian.  The form is returned to the school and the school will issue the permit to the student.  Please note, that school reserves the right to deny a work permit.

The permit will state the number of hours the minor may work, any other limitations, and any additional restrictions.

See the back side of the Work Permit for additional information.


Click the link below then the picture again to download the Work Permit.  

Work Permits can also be obtained by contacting your Counselor.

Work Permit